Thursday, February 19, 2009

uncertainty

I was trying to log into the company VPN from home. I was not able to. I recently changed the password, so I tried different passwords. 

None of them worked. 

Called up the company it helpdesk, they said my account has been disabled. Now what will you think of this, in this troubled times. Anyway, to give another shot I started chatting with my manager who was coincidently online, and asked him what’s going on? He said wait let me look up in the company directory, and yes, my name was not there. 

He then logged off by chance, or willingly not sure. I started getting ready for the office, with the heavy heart. i told my wife and she started panicking. I said hold on until I get the confirmed news. 

I was driving to the office and there were so many thoughts bouncing in my heart. Bills, home mortgage, kids tuition fee?? In the mean time my manger called his manager and asked, “Is there anything which you know and I don’t know?” To which the manager replied, it would be me in the list next, if I don’t know about it. 

I reached office and used my access card, which was working by chance, some relief. I tried to login again and still no success. 

I went to see the helpdesk, and upon further analysis, came to know that it was some other employee with the same user account and different domain, left the job and hence removed. 

So instead of his account mine was deleted, which compelled me to think of what would be the text in the resume.

2 comments:

  1. This is not your story Dude :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ SuperMom, yeah, this is not me...just a story...

    ReplyDelete