Monday, February 16, 2009

happy surprise!!!

This was a surprise from all of us to M. The 4 week preparation was successfully executed yesterday. It was tough time for me to handle M at some places, but I managed and all went well.
So here is the story.
The planning started 3 weeks ago, when didi and myself talked about it. I talked to few friends about the food. Others about the place to do the function. I also called up at few locations to look for the banquet halls. I called up all the friends in advance to make sure that everybody is available at the selected date. We actually made a parallel plan, since it was February 14th, so M wanted to do something special that day, it was a part of here resolution to not to waste any weekend. So she planned for a potluck, and also selected on a dress code/color, with some naughty games. When M mailed friends for the V-Day party, i mailed immidietly to the group asking them to reply entusiastically. I always used my office email for communicating with the friends. And, asked them to communcate with me when in office, and I used to talk to all the people when I drive back home.
Infact at one night, M said, i want to check ur office email. U always check mine and i never get to check yours. Unfortunately i have setup office email on home pc, so all the emails are synced when i log on to home computer. so I got more scared. I can handle office laptop, but how can i manage home pc. So i stored the BabyShower specific email locally on office laptop and then synced the home pc. In the mean time there was this communication going on with my mom and M's mom and i was so scared few times that what if either mom tells her. After all she is mom, irrespective of whose mom she is.
I also asked M's mumbai "chuddy buddies" to grace the occasion, as it would be a real surprise for her. They knew all the program. And hence gladly made the program. I knew this would hint M a bit, but more the surprise better it is. Wat say?
I finally decided on the Venue to be our apartment only as it is quite big for all the people. Moreover, banquet halls were not available on that particualr day, and even if they are available, then they were too costly. So now the question was how would i take M out of the apartment and how would didi and all get in the apartment at the same time. So it was V-Day, i thought of taking its advantage. I anyway had to leave for Airport to pick up one of the friends.
So on the D-Day, i asked M to get dressed up, as we have to go on a lunch date. She was too excited for getting dressed up. I also showed some interest in dressing, so that she does not gets a clue. While driving to the airport i was hiding the GPS from her, but eventually told her, and she was like, are we goin to airport for lunch, is somebody coming in, is it T, is it S, and so many questions started shooting. I dint tell her anything, but on the way i had to talk to the friend and where M heard the voice and guessed it. Well, she was obviously not expecting her to be there, untill she saw her, and then again questions, what r u doing here, whats goin on and what not. Well, from there we drove to pick up another friend of hers from RI. We spent lot of time while waiting for the friend. The original plan was to reach home by 1pm. In the mean time, in the background, Jiaji reached early and did some decoration. Both the didi's were together, and without GPS, so they were misdirected to somewhere else. They somehow managed to reach the apartment 30mins late. Others reached on time and the most important ingredient food was with A, who came in 30 mins late. 5 minutes before 1p. Well here M's friend was behind the schedule, and hence that was good actually, so in the car while driving back home, M was bothered about the food for friends. I made some excuses to her that i cancelled the booking i made for lunch and we will cook something at home. So started thinking ghar pe kya hoga, would i be able to manage with the amount of frozen stuff. So here we reached home. I ran quickly inside and asked everybody to keep quite. and (drums rolling slowly) dhenterang....M did an entry, and everybody shouted at the same time. She was so much overwhelmed by the happening, that water started dripping from her eyes.

It was the second best day of the year. First best day would be soon, sometime in April.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. awww that was so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely story, may both of u have many such wonderful events

    Saurabh u planned the things well and mote when i asked wats the plan for valentine'd day : u saud ur treating manu out for a breakfast :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say he has always been good at surprises.....doesnt give them often but when he does , I am swept off my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anubha thanks for the wishes. Yeah, i did not want to tell to anybody, as you never know, if it just spits out of your mouth, without you wanting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @SuperMom, thanks :).
    Hey, not sure if i have recognized you, could you identify please. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely surprise on a lovely day..:)

    ReplyDelete