Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Road trip–Day1

Day1

Destination: Niagara Falls, NY, Warsaw, NY

Distance: 449 mi, 7 hours 54 mins

I woke up at 2.55, without alarm, thinking I would be the first one, but M was already up with Mom. They were packing the eatables/snacks to keep in the car. By 4.15 we were all ready. And by 4.40 we were in the car...off the Niagara Falls, the first destination.

We took around 8 hours to reach Niagara Falls. We took around 5 breaks in between. In one of the breaks, M took the advantage of me not in the car and sat on the driver's seat. I was forced to sit in the back seat. Sitting was fine, but somehow the fear of she not driving well, killed me and I was in more stress, then when I was driving. She drove for almost an hour and I tried to talk to people on the phone and deviated myself.

We reached there at around 1p. We thought we should hurry up, but it was all so dull and slow there, coz it was almost the end of season, and a bit chilly. There was absolutely no waiting line at any of the rides. Since I have been there on the rides, I decided to not go there. So K went in cave of the winds and in the meantime I was hungry so went to the car and fed myself, I was hungry.

By the time came back in 30 minutes I was all set ;)

Everybody liked it. Worth watching. Correct me if wrong.

Then we all came to the car and fed ourselves. Then we all went to the maid of mist and since Kaavya was almost sleeping, so I thought we both will take a small nap. The moment they were off, she started playing, as if waiting for them to leave. And I was having tough time even sitting there. Somehow I managed myself by talking a walk, playing on my phone, and then I realized, K had to poop. By the time others were back, K was all dirty by playing in the garden without putting her shoes on. We took a walk back to the parking lot and started for Warsaw.

The drive to Warsaw was very very pretty, since it was upstate NY; the colors of fall were full blown. It was awesome. The total drive time from Niagara Falls to Warsaw was 1hr and 16 minutes. And we took more than 2 hours. We stopped at every good stop, took pictures, had ice-cream. And had fun.

By the team we reached Warsaw, we were dead tired; I had a shower, dinner and crashed in bed. Same was the case with everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment