Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Road trip - Day 0

Day 0

It was for long when I wanted to go on a road trip. But it was made possible when m's folks are here. It was her Mom, dad, brother and brother's wife. Mom was here a month before the next consignment of other three came.

So we planned a road trip for all of us to visit family and various other places.

The trip was like this

Niagara Falls, NY

Bua in Warsaw, NY

Bua in Columbus, OH

Temple in WV’s

Atlantic City, New Jersey

Jersey City, New Jersey

And then back home.

It was a 1700 mile trip.

We thought of covering it in 9 days.

The biggest problem was car. I have a 5 seater, but we need 7 seater at least.

So I knocked few doors and found out about rentalcars.com where it gives you the best rate. If I wanted it for a week then it was turning out to be costly as compared to for a whole month. So we were better off renting it for a whole month, then a week. Also, we can roam around in the same car. Instead of burning gas for 2 cars.

Anyway, so the big day arrives, we planned everything in advance, like what all the keep in the car, massager, phone chargers, iPad, iPhone, K's tray, painting books, colors, portable dvd player. Enough stuff to keep her busy for the drive time of 7 hrs maximum in a stretch.

We kept the entire luggage in the car, settled everything, put the bottles in each cup holder, as if working like a professional. Everything was done, and I was thinking, something is missing, but could not realize until M came and asked, did you keep the stroller :) heheheh. M always joins the missing links. That’s what she does the best and I love her for.

We tried to remember everything, if we are missing anything, because we were going on a longest trip ever, so far at least for me. And I love driving. We sometimes fought over the sitting arrangement, I was quite. I was the driver, and no matter what, I get the best seat :).

So we went to bed at 11p and the target for leaving the house was 4a in the morning, it was an ambitious target.

Nighty night all. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment