Monday, December 29, 2008

last weekend of the year

Start of long weekend.

The long weekend started pretty well. Party on Wednesday with the big group. Lots and loads of fun. Next day we went to R's place for S's daughter Nandini's first month birthday. Reached home and didi and family reached at 4. Stayed at home on Friday, as Jiaji and I were at work, and all the ladies of the house went for shopping. out of 4 hrs they were in the billing line for 2 hrs. What a waste of time. Well, bolke musibat kisko mol leni thi. And next day after lunch we visited the temple and gurdwara. And then they left.

End of long weekend.

After they went, we slept for good two hrs and then watched 2 movies, review of movies in another blog. Sunday, we dint have anything to do. I must have called half a dozen people, but fortunately or unfortunately half of them were able to talk to me. They were busy or not available. After that, we were totally loss of even phone calls. Not able to find, what to do next. Then we called friend of ours and decided to go for shooting, yes, it’s a shooting range.
We were totally loss of words when we saw the Firearms school, and holding real life gun in my own hands. Really, the guns don’t look good in our hands. So we took a crash course in shooting with that instructor, who was pretty helpful. He showed us how to stand, how to hold, how to aim and how to shoot. We rented out the small .22 caliber pistol and bought the 50 bullets for the gun, which we shared, as we were not sure how is it going to be, and how long is it going to take. So we Tigers, started to enter into the range and bang, I was almost on my knees, then we realized, we were supposed to wear ear-covers. We wore that and entered again into the range and bang bang bang...I closed the door again. Then I just peeped inside the door and found out that it was just a buffer area, and we have to open another door to enter the range. We entered the range this time, as there was no firing at that time...yeah yeah...it was not firing but shooting. We then found ourselves single lane, and started loading the gun...and bam....the bullet stuck. We both spent around 5 minutes figuring out how to take that bullet out and how to load it back, then ultimately we went out with the magazine and asked the instructor to help us.
We then started shooting turn by turn. By the end of all the rounds we became pro. I shot well than my friend. Scored more by hitting the bull's eye.
So that was it. The laze evening, became exciting by the end of it. I am happy to have such experience and more than willing to go next time. I even asked the instructor if I can buy the pistol, for which I need a license and then register myself in the local police station. Not really sure how will it be treated, Asian carrying a gun?

No comments:

Post a Comment